PPAS (PPA v1.0 - SMD) Information Page.
ATTN- Looking for Beta Testers… help us make the PPAS better!
(6/5/06) - Preliminary Bill of Materials Done.
(6/5/06) - Discrete Buffer board done.
(6/3/06) - PPAS Board finalized.
(6/1/06) - Group Buy for PCB in progress
(6/1/06) - PCB Development finalized.
Non-beginner DIY amp that balances the sound signature and quality of PPA with portability…
- Costs as much as a MINT… ($50.. cheapeast)
- 3 Channel differential Topology - Buffered.
- JFET- Isolated opamp rails a-la PPA.
- Option for fully discrete buffer stage.
- This board is nearly 100% surface mount, this should NOT be a first project
- This amp inherits all the benefits and drawbacks of the PPA, if you don’t like PPA sound signature, don’t build the PPAS.
NB - Contact Me for Boards and Hard-to-find parts.
· (NEW!) Discrete Buffer Daughterboard.
· (NEW!) Pictures.
· Build Instructions. (coming soon)
A List of Builders…
If you can’t build it, there are a few people who can build it on Head-fi forums.
- DieInAFire.. Primary prototyper for this project.. also builds PINTs.
- [AK]Zip .. Zero failure rate with the PINT.
(Contact me if you’re a builder and you do PPAS).